I swear, I am starting to spam all subscribers emails! Every day, I have a story to tell or a recipe to make – what’s a girl to do but write in her blog right?
I mean, what was on the agenda today
- Make 1st part of my post for tomorrow (it turned out delicious so I am already on a high) – CHECK
- Read - CHECK
- Sleep – ?
- Moan since school is starting in less than 3 days (I bet all of you have to a be little happy because then I can’t spam you daily ) – CHECK (I multitasked)
- Sleep some more – ?
What have I gone and done? Blog, blog, blog, blog, blog and more blog stuff – anyone else here the word overdrive?
And that overdrive includes impulsively making a muffin recipe I was meant to make in a couple of weeks time (I plan ahead, so kill me)
But I had a craving for them. Them namely being filled with 1, 2,3, 4 and 5 different types of chocolate sources. Oh I am good – who needs this ‘triple chocolate’ nonsense?
You want to know what they are? Of course you do silly! (grins evilly)
- Cocoa Powder (a classic)
- Chocolate Malt Powder – Ovaltine (a twist)
- Mars Incorporated chocolate – Galaxy, Mars Bar, Twix and Maltesers (though it was supposed to only be Maltesers – I ran out…) + a hidden Hershey’s caramel kiss…
- Chocolate Icing – store bought but did the job well
- Nutella – the greatest chocolate substance in the world
Not bad for a muffin aye? An remember, this is classified as a breakfast food so…
Since I am feeling so happy right now what with the sugar and success adrenalin pumping through, I am going to share with you a recipe that will blow your socks off (even if you are wearing shoes!)
And there are so many delicious recipes coming your way these weekend – I do believe I am going crazy in an attempt to pretend school is never going to happen – aah well, may as well enjoy it while I do
P.S. There are actually 6 types of chocolate sources – chocolate chips as well
These are one of the stickiest, most moist muffins ever – almost a fudge like consistency at times. Every delight they hide is wrapped in a gorgeous chocolate-y batter
Therefore I dub this delicious chocolate lover’s dream of a recipe:
The Hexa-Chocolate Malted Muffins
Source: Adapted from Sarah Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups wheat flour (healthier, denser and makes for a fudgier and stickier muffin)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup chocolate malted powder
- 1/2 cup (113g) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbs caster sugar
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbs light brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup full cream milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chopped mixed chocolate bars + couple of extra reserved, chopped
- Sprinkling of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C. Line a muffin tin with 12 cases
- In one bowl sift all dry ingredients excluding chocolate bars and chips
- In another bowl mix all wet ingredients together
- Make a well in the dry ingredients bowl – slowly stirring, add in wet ingredients and just combine
- Stir through chopped confectionery, reserving the extra
- Pour into cases 3/4 full and top with chocolate chip and reserved candy pieces
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until skewer inserted comes out clean and muffins are springy when touched
- Let cool for 15 minutes before removing from tin. Let cool to room temperature and store in the fridge after decoration.
- Once slightly cooled, cut out a small hole from each cupcake and spoon in some Nutella (since the muffin is warm, it melts throughout)
- Place a Malteser over the hole, covering it (surprise!)
- Drizzle with chocolate icing
How do I know these were absolute heaven on a plate?
- I ate it (DUH!)
- My brother ate it – he rarely tries these small, impulsive dishes of mine but today he did and he loved it – quote “This is so yum” – he even liked the Nutella inside it (can you believe he is a non-Nutella!)
- This Picture
Have fun with these mes amis – you know you want to