Hello and so nice to be back on again, though admittedly I have only not posted for 3 days – seems like an eternity for me
Well I come back with very good news for you from all around + a very easy, quick and ultimately delicious recipe which you will wonder why you never tried before – trust me
1. I am loving school – senior years = doing the subjects you want and although the workload is already quite intense, I am enjoying my histories very much thank you
And it was absolutely awesome to see my friends again after the summer, all ready and excited and a little hyper!
2. FoodBuzz sharing is once more working!!! Though mine will only be ‘opt[ed] in’ on weekends, it is so great to be seeing everyone’s wonderful posts again!
3. I have been awarded my first ever foodie award!!! I am expecting fireworks, party favours and perhaps a big Chinese dragon to celebrate, just because they are so awesome
The award I am honoured to receive was the Liebster Award. It was given to me by the wonderful Averil of Averil Gomes: The Cook, the Baker and the Clay Boy Maker – Her blog is an absolute must-visit with such a creative flare!
Standard Beautiful Explanation Of Award:
A Liebster Blog Award is given to talented bloggers who have less than 200 followers. “Liebster” is a German word that means “Dearest”, it also means ”Favourite”. So, in a way the award not only recognizes these bloggers as amazingly gifted in their own right but also as your very own personal favourites.
It is a right honour to be given this award – I feel so accomplished in the foodie world which I have entered and this award has given me so much encouragement to keep on going as I am on my blog! If I could toast with champagne I would so right now I will keep it apple and blackcurrant juice like they used in the play we saw today
I would also like to thank all of my foodie friends who give up their time to read my recipes and blog posts as well as leave comments – your support means the world to me
Here are the rules to keep this award going:
- Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
- Link back to the blogger who presented the award to you.
- Copy and paste the blog award on your blog.
- Present the Liebster Blog Award to 5 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed. (Some say just 3 or more blogs of less than 200 followers each)
- Let them know they have been chosen by leaving a comment at their blog.
So now let me continue one of these most wonderful chains in the world by making someone else feel as absolutely fantastic as I did when Averil gave me the news – here are the beautiful blogs which I have chosen to recognise:
- Whipped Baking – Such a delicious blog with both sweet and savoury (though I think it is obvious which has the emphasis luckily!), she is most deserving and I adore going on her site!
- Professor Vegetable – I have been following this blog for a while and it is simply so unique – the recipes make me hungry and yet they are actually healthy (fantastic!)
- My Baking Empire – One of my first friends in the blogging world, never have I not wanted to immediately gobble up one of her recipes! She is so sweet therefore makes some of the best sweets!
- Elephant Eats – This lady is absolutely awesome – I took up so long going through her website it isn’t even funny – sophisticated but homely, you simply will love her recipes
- A Foodie’s Voyage – Last but not least, I recognise the wonderful Beccsie who’s blog only recently I joined and discovered – she is also a yr 11 student this year and so talented it makes my head spin (I am not jealous :P)
Congratulations to these gorgeous 5 blogger winners again!!!
I must work again soon and go exercise as well (shudders) so let me just tell you the wonderful creation I came u with today after a hard day’s work of watching an English play
It was raining and pretty miserable (actually, it still is) so my friend, N, and I got talking about Macca’s sundaes. Their hot. fudge. chocolate. sundae. Cravings created. Need.
Now a couple of days back I made this delicious hot fudge sauce recipe from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe – I used all her ingredients but simply tossed them into the saucepan together on low heat instead of doing some at a time (because I am lazy like that :P) – 2 sundaes + 2 scoops of ice cream later (for the entire family naturally) we still had some sauce leftover so I refrigerated it for my convenience
Today I decided to make a grilled Nutella sandwich. With a twist. So it became a Nutella Hot Fudge Banana Sundae Sandwich. A little over the top? Definitely not.
I simply slathered slightly heated hot fudge onto one side of bread, Nutella on the other, added some banana slices, grilled it and then ate it – can you believe we were out of ice cream to go with it??? But the main recipe base is what is breath taking – as you can see, all gooey and warm and delicious! Here are some other awesome ideas to use for this simple piece of decadence:
- Use chopped hazelnuts inside
- Add strawberries or other fruit with/instead
- Screw on top, stick in a skewer, put covered in freezer for 10 minutes, make up your favourite French toast batter and fry it that way
- Use raisin or sweet bread instead (or even a croissant, but heated in a broiler)
- Unlike me SERVE IT WITH ICE CREAM! Topped with more hot fudge and Nutella
I shall see you next with a special link to a special guest post – till then mes amis!
UPDATE: A lot of people are associating this sandwich with the legendary Elvis so here is a link to another recipe which I made with Elvis in mind
UPDATE: This is also my dish for the World Nutella Day of tomorrow – I did base my Nutella Baking Week around it but this most certainly does not hurt! Click on the picture to take you to the fan base website and here is the facebook page link – Enjoy