What is a monster? Is it
a) A big fuzzy cuddly bear which is reminiscent of Big Foot but misunderstood by society because of its size?
b) A terrifying, vicious troll like creature which lives under your bed apparently?
c) The inner turmoil one carries inside themself eventually becoming inexpressible?
d) A cookie
Surprised I picked d)?
You really shouldn’t be if you know me well (Though am I quite partial to a) as well ever since seeing Monsters Inc )
To my food obsessed mind, a monster is no longer something scary and haunting my nights nor is it bottled up feelings (that is just frustration) – a monster is something
And of course we get monster cookies. Also know as
- Cowboy cookies – do not understand because cowboys never seem to eat, all they do is ride horses + it is totally sexist
- Leftover cookies – no such thing as leftovers, don’t even understand the concept
- Kitchen sink cookies – Eww, gross what do you put in there, dishwashing liquid and steel wool? Topped with lasagne from two nights ago?
And this is why I prefer to always call them monster cookies
They certainly fit the requirements – well, at least my version (s) do…
So I made my staple version. And 5 other versions. All for different occasion. Whenever you need to release your inner monster or feed a real one, I got you covered
My Scenario: “I’m bored and hungry” = Colossal Caramel Peanut Monster Cookies
- Use 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, cutting out white sugar completely
- Add in 1 cup (you heard me) homemade caramel sauce
- Leave out golden syrup (corn syrup)
- Use 1 1/2 cup cups chopped caramel chocolate bars (I used Boost Max Caramel baby!)
- Use 3/4 cup peanut M&Ms (I just cannot stop using them)
Scenario 1: “Step away from the TV remote” = Movie Snack Monster Cookies
- 3/4 cup sweet popcorn (caramel, chocolate, toffee) or regular salty buttery you know
- 3/4 cup lightly crushed original potato chips
- 3/4 cup chocolate covered raisins
- Use original caster sugar included recipe
Scenario 2: “Will you marry me?” = Monster Love Cookies
- 3/4 cup chopped white chocolate
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries/strawberries
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut (cut flour back to 1/3 cup)
- Use one 11/2 cups white sugar instead of any brown sugar
- Omit peanut butter and melt 1 cup marshmallows with butter over low heat and add into mixture
Scenario 3: “Sonny, bring me my walking stick like a good lad” – Elderly Monster Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups mixed dried fruit
- 3/4 cup mixed nuts (chopped very small or omit)
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar over all brown sugar
- Omit peanut butter and add in just as much seedless jam of any flavour
Scenario 4: “That’s MY Nutella you…” – Nutella Hoarding Monster Cookies
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chocolate hazelnut block, chopped
- Omit peanut butter and add in same amount of Nutella
- 1/2 tsp coffee essence
- Drizzle cookies with warmed Nutella
Scenario 5: “Mummy, read me another story?” – Apple Crisp Monster Cookies
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apple
- 3/4 cup fresh skinned, diced apples (lightly tossed in lemon juice)
- 3/4 cup cinnamon chips
- Add apple sauce in same quantity as peanut butter (which is omitted)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- Use 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
Told you I have one cookie for every occasion!
I also have a monstrous announcement: I am thrilled to have received the Versatile Blogger Award from Kristina of Whipped Baking! Have you visited this baking queen? No? Then you have severley deprived your senses – every dish and dessert makes me want to catch a plane and ‘drop in for a visit’
Thank you so much Kristina!!!
Defining this award: “It is a great way to introduce different bloggers to each other and to promote quality blogs that awardees and their readers may not have discovered otherwise.”
- Thank the person who gave you this award.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
- In the same post, include this set of rules.
- Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.
Ok so 7 more things about me – I must be boring you all so much with my life story
- I was initially doing to call this blog ‘Creme de la Creme’ but thought it was too fancy for someone like me
- I have never once chopped onions without crying – what is the secret??!!!
- I know what a pneumatophore is. Sorry but knowing what a word like that is just cool – It’s part of the mangrove tree which sits upright above the water and allows air to diffuse through it and travel to the trunk roots of the tree, providing oxygen
- I do not know how to catch a train on my own as I learnt yesterday – I am a bus girl!
- Sometimes I still have softtoys around me when I sleep (shh…)
- I am not fond of pretzel M&Ms (don’t kill me!)
- If there was one thing in the world I would want to get rid of, it would be mushrooms… ew.
So goooood, now you know a little more about my electifrying personality
Now I want to know about these fabulously versatile bloggers: I award this award to:
- Sugar Dish Me
- Donna @ The Sugared Pecan
- Georgia @ The Comfort Of Cooking
- Alchemy In The Kitchen
- Anne @ From My Sweetheart
- Melissa @ The Hungry Artist
- Courtney @ Misadventures In Cooking
- Cindy @ Once Upon A Loaf
- Sharyn @ The Kale Chronicles
- Ramona @ Curry And Comfort
- Year Of Healthier Living
- Kimby @ A Little Lunch
- Soni @ Soni’s Food For Thought
- Kim @ Just Baked
Congrats guys and keep the blogging love running