Oh how I love you microwaves! You are the fastest, easiest machines in the world which work as both a grill and an oven now for me, especially these long hard days of studying! Wherever would I be without you melting Nutella for my ice cream or warming up chocolate chip cookies!
Anyway, excuse my ode to the microwave, I am guessing by now you know why I did it anyway
I have always had a soft spot for anything that can give me a smashing dessert in a matter of minutes – let it be my microwave, my grill, my fridge or even my mother
I remember my first ever microwave cake, courtsey of course of Not Quite Nigella, and her 5 minute cheesecake has been bookmarked for too long already – I vouch for the cake, even though I have made literally tens of.. well ok dozens of variations of it, the base is always so fudgy and perfect, it is a wonder it comes out of the microwave.
Since I am still on my, what I like to call, quick kick, due to my exams, it was the perfect opporutnity for me to make my own microwave treat, my own recipe and my own idea. The results = perfect success.
Honestly, the taste is pure, unadulterated heaven and it doesn’t even contain chocolate (although it is of course an option!). This microwave self saucing pudding cake is liquid gold (literally) and melts on the tongue, all heated and warm and it is just a wonder I have not already made this and posted about it! I am just going to let you enjoy some more photos and marvel at the fact that it can be made in a microwave
But before I post this recipe up today (I know it is coming much faster than usual no? :P), I would like to give you guys some fabulous news
I WANT YOUR GUESTPOSTS!!!
Yep, in preparation of my yearly exams during the time of September next term (yes I do think ahead) I would like around 8 guest posts so that I do not feel pressured to keep cooking during that period but can still run a blog
Why am I asking you, what, a quarter of a year early? So that I can set up these posts during my holidays in a week and a half’s time and when yearly exams (shudder) come, all I have to do is press a button
I will send further details to anyone who wishes to guest post so please do NOT hesistate to email me at email@example.com – the first 8 people will be accepted and the the first 4 after these people will be placed on my list of guest posts come holiday time with Christmas in tow
Also, there will be a date I will need them by but more on that later my friends…. so if you want, start emailing now
This is so so so so so so so etc. exciting!!!
Ok, ok, I did promise you the recipe now so enjoy mes amis!
*That’s right, SELF SAUCING in 5 minutes! Not just a cake, SELF SAUCING!
Serves: 1 happy bugger
- 1/4 cup SRF (self raising flour)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 20g butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 -3 tbs full cream milk
- 1/2 ripe banana (small) or 1/4 big ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla/butterscotch essence
- 2-3 tbs white chocolate chunks/nuts/caramel chips
- 1 tbs golden syrup
- 10g melted butter
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 50ml hot water
- Mix together brown sugar and SRF and cinnamon (whisk out all lumps or sift) in a large soup mug
- In a small bowl, mix together melted butter, milk, banana and essence
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in wet ingredients
- Mix until just combined, making sure to get all pockets of flour from the corner of the mug
- Stir through the chunks if using
- For Sauce: Mix together all ingredients till saucy, slightly thinnish consistency. Pour over the back of a spoon over cake batter in mug
- Microwave for 1 minute and then 10 extra seconds on HIGH
- Serve with ice cream, cream and additional sauce and devour while studying
And just before I go, I would like to acknowledge that I was awarded the Versatile Blogger Award by Kelly @ My Love Affair With Running! Powered by her oats and tea (:D), she is an amazing blogger with awesome range of delicious ideas and a super sunny personality! Thank you Kelly!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Include the links to their blogs
- Include the award image in your post
- Copy the award image to your site
- Give seven random facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award
- When nominating other bloggers include the links to their sites
- Let those bloggers know they’ve been nominated
Ok, so another seven things you never knew about me…
- I find dolls are really scary – not Bratz dolls but the glassy eyed china dolls in 1800s clothing… shudders
- I am a huge fan of Pretty Little Liars (thus, if you follow it, you understand why I am scared of dolls!)
- When I get a dog in the future, I want a German Sheperd – say ‘Awwww….’
- I cannot look at an insect without screaming and cannot pick them up with a tissue!
- I used to take singing lessons (but cannot sing infront of people besides my ex-teacher)
- If you cast me in a television show, I would be the companion in Dr Who
- If I had to become an animal, I would love to be a snow leopard – they are so sleek and beautiful
Now congratulations to these wonderful nominees!
- Laurie @ Laurie’s Cravings
- Laura @ Laura Loves Cake
- Joanne @ Apple Crumbles
- Minnie @ The Lady 8 Home
- Emma @ Food, Fork & Good
- Amy @ Snazzy Biscuits
- Kristina @ Whipped Baking
- Leslie @ Leslie The Foodie
- Medeja @ Cranberry Jam
- Jenny @ Ichigo Shortcake
- The Squishy Monster
- Baking & Cooking, A Tale Of Two Loves
- Ames @ A Melbourne Girl At Heart
- Angie @ Angie’s Recipes
- Lacy @ NYC Eats
Well deserved by all, no doubt about it!