Damn dude, I wished I had seen your face when you saw your birthday present this year! But hope it was just a big a surprise in your fridge when you came home considering how hard you must have worked during the day no?
I thought about using Oreos yet again in your baking this year, I mean, honestly, you are the cookie monster exclusive to Oreos b]ut I also know how indulgent you are when it comes to chocolate. It is a good thing don’t worry
So this year, I decided to bring the king of chocolate into your cooking. And I think this ingredient, being the king, really reflects your personality. I mean honestly, is there anything you do badly? Let me see, let us make a list:
- School – OUR NEW SCHOOL CAPTAIN and yea, you do ok in studying (jokes jokes, honestly, everyone knows you are the smartest [Oreo] cookie ever!)
- Soccer – sporty, fit and fabulous soccer player – but no, it is not better than netball and seriously TT, you know it!
- Person – SO SO SO bubbly! You have the biggest grin and the most welcoming positive attitude, I swear, if I met you randomly in a shop or something, I would want to make you one of my best friends if you weren’t already in that position!
- Friend – Loyal loyal loyal loyal… really there is not a much better word which I can find to describe you
- NEW PET OWNER – A very very diligent and loving owner to three adorable little fish! Gotta love it that you have to ‘kiss’ them goodbye every time you leave your room!
And that is only the surface of your very awesome person
Happy 17th Birthday TT, I don’t know exactly know much we will see each other at school because your a science nerd we have soooo many different classes but I know that we are so close, our friendship can not only take it but grow from it
Lots of love ma amie (from those wonderful French lessons back in the day)
P.S. I almost forgot to tell you that king ingredient! It’s Nutella … and brown butter… and other things that make brownies extra chewy, indulgent and awesome in general!
Brown Butter Super Nutella Brownie Tart w/ Microwave Hazelnut Ganache
Inspired by: My Kitchen Addiction
Serves: 6-8 people
- 140g butter, cut into cubes
- 2 cups of dark chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Nutella (generous)
- 1 tsp coffee essence
- 1 tsp vanilla essence (make 2 tsp if do not want coffee flavour)
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup hazelnut meal (or replace with 1/4 cup plain flour)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, lightly dusted with flour
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbs thickened cream
- Hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C
- Grease and cocoa powder a 9-inch tart tin with removable bottom (I mean very very well considering how my brownie almost stuck to the tin forever)
- Brown butter over a medium heat until smells nutty and is foamy and light brown.
- Immediately remove from heat and gently stir in the dark chocolate chips, mixing until melted and smooth. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, beat the sugar, eggs, Nutella and essences until well combined and a little thickened
- Mix in the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture
- Sift in the baking powder, flour (and meal if using) into the wet mixture and fold to combine
- Gently mix through the white chocolate chunks.
- Pour mixture into tart tin and smooth the top. Place tart tin on a baking tray and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the top is a little cracked and a skewer inserted comes out with gooey crumbs
- Cool the tart completely before removing from the tin and refrigerating while making ganache
- For ganache: Place all ingredients in a deep microwave safe bowl and microwave on high in 20 second bursts, stirring vigourously between each one. Mine took 40 seconds.
- Keep stirring ready ganache till thickens at room temperature. Spread over the top of the tin (it hides all the crackles and looks gorgeous!)
- Decorate the cake as desired
I was a little sneaky and in prying the tart away from the tin, simply was forced to taste the sides where the it still stuck. One word for you all… fudgy… fudgy fudgy fudgy fudgy fudgy fudgy
And it tastes like a soft, smooshy jar or Nutella which has been baked. Very good stuff indeed