Which also reminds me, last chance to enter my own Amazon giveaway, winner to be announced this coming Sunday
OOh right… sorry one last thing (as always :P) I will be on camp for the next 3 days so no commenting, replying or blogging of any sort mes cheris – do not miss me too much (and yes, I do know how awesome it is that in the first week of year 12 I miss out on a day already :D)
They say that the best things in life comes to those who are patient. Those who are willing to work hard and persevere, like my school motto claims, shall reap great rewards.
Pfft. What do they know. Who in the world are ‘they’ anyway?
As great as the results can be from layering a brownie beneath a cheesecake or from having a brownie topped by mousse topped by cake topped by frosting , honestly sometimes the work is just not worth it and you just frustratingly want the results without the work.
Lottery style right?
Well, even though winning the lotto is perhaps one in a million’s chance, having a quick fix in the kitchen solution is definitely much easier You can get amazing results within ten minutes, and when I say that, I mean 5 minutes. Maybe even 4
Do I or do I not sound like a salesperson right now!
The point is, when you need a quick fix, you need it urgently and they can go stuff themselves because I believe it is natural human tendency to want something really awesome without working for it. Called laziness but is acceptable in this position, I assure you!
Everyone has heard of the 5 minute chocolate cake. Made in the microwave, it is quick and easy but honestly, I have not found a recipe which delivers incredible results. So I decided to take matters into my own hands. And instead came up with a 5 minute brownie because I accidentally forgot to add enough flour
What came out of the oven was a dense, not-rubbery-at-all piece of cake with a delicious crumb and gooey-ness which could rival some oven baked brownies I have had the misfortune to try before I found the one
Enjoy mes cheris, get all the results without any hard work – kick off those shoes darlings!
5 Minute Nutella Brownie In A Mug
Source: An original Choc Chip Uru recipe
***Oh oops did I forget to add the Nutella part in my description? My bad
- 3 tbs plain flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tbs cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp coffee essence (optional) – sub with vanilla
- 30g butter
- 2 tbs full cream milk or beaten egg (I used milk)
- 20g dark chocolate
- 1 heaping tbs Nutella (or peanut butter or caramel or omit)
- 2 tbs add-ins (e.g. chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, chopped candy etc.)
- Melt chocolate and butter together in a heatproof microwave safe mug/ramekin in 10 second spurts until melted. Mix together
- Add in essence, egg or milk and the tbs of Nutella and mix until combined
- Sift in dry ingredients and add in sugar afterwards – make sure to stir properly and form a thick batter
- Microwave on high in 20 second bursts until a skewer inserted comes out with gooey crumbs (mine took 1 minute 40 on high but it is different for every microwave)
- Wait for a minute before running a knife around the edges and plopping or a plate (or be like me and eat it mug style ;)) – serve with delicious vanilla ice cream and wafers and decadent sundae style!
Now with our intense Australian Spring heat which has suddenly seemed to hit and the fact that school has again began, do you not think that this is the perfect quick fix?
Since the time of my guest posts, I have received an influx of awards which was much too sweet of everyone
I will now honour this and my agreement and finally, after an eon (kind of ;)), like to pass them upwards and onwards!
- Give credit to the awesome person who nominated you.
- Describe 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers
Ok so 7 things you wish to know about me? Hmmm…
- I can play billiards
- I am obsessed with Phantom of the Opera (I have seen the movie, read the book, seen the musical and the sequel!)
- I absolutely adore snakes but start crying in the face of a spider
- I want to know the secrets behind the curse of the Bermuda Triangle
- I have a Goofy PEZ dispenser
- My favourite scent for body scrubs is mango
- I have been a Sydney girl my whole life and proud of it!
Because I have other awards to go through, I will be nominating 5 per award – so congratulations firstly goes to:
- Ramona @ Curry And Comfort
- Karista @ Karista’s Kitchen
- Sally @ My Beautiful Things
- Katherine @ Green Thickies
- Kiran @ Kiran Tarun
The rules of this award:
- Copy the Beautiful Blogger Award logo and place it in your post.
- Thank the person who nominated you, and link back to their blog.
- Tell six things about yourself.
- Nominate six other bloggers for their own Beautiful Blogger Award (and let them know you have done so)
So for this awesome award, I nominate the following five:
- Aida @ Sarajevo In Pictures,
- Jen @ Jen Beans Blog
- Kay @ Pure Complex
- Mich @ Piece Of Cake
- Around The World In Eighty Bakes
- 1. Rules for this award:
1. Link back to the person who nominated you.
2.Nominate 15 bloggers.
3. Share 7 facts about yourself.
As of course, I have already shared my facts with you, I would like to nominate these bloggers whose blogs I have only recently met and fallen in love with!
- Lindsay @ Normal Cooking
- Judy @ Petit4Chocolatier
- Brandi @ The Healthy Flavour
- Gotta Get Baked
- The Pancake Princess And The Protein Prince
I was seriously thrilled when I saw this – a fantastic blogger, namely Lisa from La Vie Eclectique, was kind enough to award me with not one, but two awards – could she be any nicer? These were the Super Sweet Blogging Award and the Thinking Of You Award
For the Thinking Of You Award, here are the rules:
- Thank and link back to the sender
- Tell seven things that I love and that I think about daily
- Pass the award to seven other blogs
- Thank the super sweet blogger that nominated you
- Nominate a baker’s dozen of bloggers (that’s 13)
- Answer 5 super sweet questions
These super sweet questions are:
- Cookies or Cake? Cookies! You can eat five and then justify it by saying it would be the same amount of calories if you ate a *big* piece of cake
- Chocolate or Vanilla? Seriously, if you know me, you know my answer
- What is your favourite sweet treat? Hmmmm, hot fudge brownie sundae… mmmmmm
- When do you crave sweet things the most? When I breathe
- If you have a sweet nickname, what would it be? Haha I already have one
- Saguna @ Fictions Facts Fractiousness
- Ramya @ Mistress Of Spices
- Living Learning Eating
- Amanda @ Soft & Stiff Peaks
- Lisa @ Lisa Is Cooking
- Hot Rod Cowgirl
- Kyleen @ Sixteen Beans
- Glamorous Glutton
- Cher @ The Not So Exciting Adventures Of A Dabbler
- Gourmet Getaways
Liebster means ‘dearest’ or ‘favourite’ in German, and the rules for accepting the nomination are:
- Post 11 things about yourself
- Answer 11 questions the person giving the award has set for you
- Create 11 questions for the people you are giving the award to
- Choose 11 people to award, telling them in a post.
- Do you have a favourite college football team? Who? Um… haven’t been to uni yet
- What would you consider to be your greatest achievement? Keeping a blog running while being a senior high schooler!
- What do you think is the very best dish you’ve ever cooked? I can’t really say, everything I make is fabulous – JOKES, I actually don’t know
- (On the day of posting, it was 9/11) – Where were you when you heard the news of 9/11/2001? I was a six year old, laying in bed lazily but it was still a huge shock…
- When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? When I was reallllly little, I wanted to be a vet
- What did you end up being/doing when you grew up? I haven’t grown up yet
- What is the funniest video you have seen lately? Haha Taylor Swift’s newest music video – WTH? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA4iX5D9Z64
- Apple or PC? APPLE!
- Who is your Hollywood crush? Right now, Andrew Garfield
- What’s the best vacation you have ever been on? Egypt!
- What is one of your biggest pet peeves? Hmmmm… people snoring!
And to all those receiving this award, here are my questions – get ready…
- Snow or tropics?
- Would you rather be trapped in a pyramid or go to the Bermuda Triangle?
- Are you a Bond (James Bond) fan?
- Cadbury or Nestle?
- Dogs or cats?
- Cockroaches or spiders?
- Favourite donut flavour?
- Biggest eating feat of your life?
- Which language would you learn?
- Private jet or private yacht?
- Samsung or Apple?
Congratulations to these gorgeous bloggers! Tag, your it
- Lisa @ La Vie Eclectique
- All That I’m Eating
- Dutch Baker Girl
- Geni @ Sweet And Crumby
- Kimby @ A Little Lunch
The Rules of this award are:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- List seven random things about yourself.
- Nominate 10 other blogs that you admire and enjoy.
- Notify the nominees.
- Display the award logo on your blog.
And so for the final award, here are my deserving nominees:
- The Deep Dish Cayman
- Amy @ A Melbourne Girl At Heart
- Jenny @ Ichigo Shortcake
- Lilly Sue @ Lilly Sue’s Bites And Brews
- Sprint 2 The Table
Wow, that wraps all that up – Thank you so much to all the award givers and congrats to all the winners (kinda rhymes?)