And one, and two, and one, and two, and… oh sorry wait, haha that is to get fit!
And we were talking about getting beautiful! :D
In my opinion, there are a lot of things which contribute to beauty, here is a little list:
- Good clothes
- No stress
- Enlightenment - Agreeably, Buddha is really the only one who has achieved this so far but hey, can’t we try?
The idea of beauty is convoluted these days, truly I have to write a post about it soon! But that is later. For now, you can get all off the above and more to make yourself beautiful just by reading Marcela De Vivo’s wonderful article below!
Oh, and as a reward for becoming beautiful, then check out some cookies just for you below
Beauty Benefits Of Yoga
People turn to yoga for many different reasons, whether they’re trying to meet fitness goals or want to achieve a more peaceful state of mind. Yoga provides instant gratification and a lasting transformation, and is on establishing a healthy lifestyle.
Yoga does through by involving different meditation routines in order to achieve a balanced union between the mind, body and the spirit. This is done through posture to pose, and breathing exercises.
When bringing a certain level of mental commitment, a person can attain inner peace with the practice of yoga. It can help alleviate stress, attain mental stability, and heighten focus.
Yoga is also considered a form of complementary alternative medicine, which many people use in combination with western traditional medicine, to help cure or alleviate symptoms of certain ailments. Yoga can be practiced in two ways: aerobic form and non-aerobic form.
The non-aerobic form of Yoga exercise is suitable for all ages. Non-aerobic exercises help to alleviate neck, shoulder, spine and knee pain. It can also be used to help conditions like osteoporosis, high blood pressure, and rheumatoid arthritis.
But there are other benefits that you might be surprised to learn about — in particular, the beauty of benefits of yoga.
The practice of yoga can be an excellent tool to achieve a beautiful outward appearance. It helps to remove harmful toxins from the body, while activating good cells. Those good cells are what makes healthy, glowing skin and hair.
The meditation aspect of yoga is also extremely important for you skin, as meditation helps to reduce stress. This means that your body is producing a smaller amount of stress hormones like cortisol, which is linked with acne-related problems as well as the formation of lines and wrinkles.
Practicing yoga also allows the body to absorb nutrients from nutritious foods, while certain poses can help in the digestion of food. This process helps combat food cravings, which means can help you keep that svelte figure earned from mastering the more aerobic poses.
To maximize the beauty benefits of your yoga routine, make sure to drink plenty of water — at leat 64 ounces. Water is needed to remove the toxins from the body through sweat and urine. Consuming a proper amount of water will also help to hydrate the skin, hair and nails.
There are certain yoga exercises that have anti-aging benefits.
A simple Yoga Asana exercise begins by standing straight with the feet about one foot apart, begin by covering your face with your hands and breathe deeply ten times. Then begin to rub your face, forehead and cheeks and then again take ten deep breaths. This exercise is great in the prevention of wrinkles, and helps a face to radiate and glow.
Another simple exercise that helps to bring forth a glowing face and creates a nice jawline, is the rotation of the tongue along the outside of your gums twenty-one times before meals. This massages the cheek capillaires, tones the gum, and helps to eliminate facial wrinkles.
Whatever the fitness level, yoga can provide many benefits inwardly and outwardly. It is an exercise and ritual that works to improve the inside first by providing inner peace and a mental calm, which then radiates outward.
**Marcela De Vivo is a freelance writer in the Los Angeles area. She writes on everything from technology to travel, but specialises in health, working with Skin Energizer to develop interesting beauty content.
Thank you very much Marcela for sharing such a fantastic new take on Yoga!
Wow, truly that is all you need to do to be beautiful? Let’s see if ticks the list:
- Self-Confidence - Check – If I could tangle myself into a pretzel, definitely, I would feel a little superior to the average guy on the street who can’t even touch his toes
- Good Clothes - Check – I do not know about you guys, but girls, our butts look fabulous in yoga pants! It is natural!
- No Stress – Big Check – In all seriousness, as written above, yoga is a way of relaxing your mind and letting it rest for a simple 5-10 minutes before it is up and powered for the remainder of the day – A little silence period for your brain goes a long way and keeps your thoughts clearer. Imagine if you were working (as a HSC student should be JOKES!), 24 hours a day, without a break non-stop, pulling out files left-right-and-centre – Your desk, office or room would be a disaster. How can you function if you do not take a breather and reorganise yourself, just as your thoughts have to – don’t let them pile up on that desk in your brain!
- Enlightenment - Check if you want it to be – A lot of meditation and getting in touch with your spirituality will definitely lead you there
Ok, so now my rejuvenated, re-beautified readers (though you already were beautiful before), you deserve a treat for all that hard beautifying!
Well, I decided, to honour the Gluten free diet, I would make my own gluten free treats. And thus the softest, crumbiest, bestest (don’t judge) peanut butter chocolate chip cookies were made. They crackle of sugar in them was just omg. Died. Just now. Seriously, I don’t know how I am still typing…
“Are they easy?” One may ask.
“It’s got 5 ingredients.” Is my reply.
Gluten-Free Choc-Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
Adapted from: Divine Baking
(though there is that much you can change :P)
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter (I mean generous one cup!)
- 1 cup brown sugar (light or dark, your choice)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips (+ extra for the top) – I used an assortment
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper
- Mix first 4 ingredients in a bowl until combined
- Stir through chocolate chips until just mixed through
- Use moistened hands and roll tablespoons of the dough into a ball
- Place on the tray, roughly 2 inches apart
- Flatten slightly with the palm of your hand
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are puffed and golden on the bottom, soft to touch
- Straight out of the oven, place a couple of chocolate chips on each cookie!
- Let cool on trays for 15-20 minutes before removing to cool fully on wire racks
- JUST kidding, eat them immediately. You think I am joking? Pssht…
- Wouldn’t it be fab to try this with other nut butters?
- Add in some vanilla essence if you want to make it 6 ingredients (grumbles)
- If you want light coloured cookies, then use caster sugar instead of brown – you can use half and half but the cookie will still be more dark