Before I begin this post, I would just like to send my love and prayers to those affected in Oklahoma and anyone who has in any way, been touched by this terrible natural disaster. My thought are with you and please know that the world is behind you to support and send aid through any possible means.
Here are some links to donate and help families who have lost their loved ones, their homes and their livelihoods.
I think today, writing is definitely not on my agenda. After fixing up 2 essays and writing another one, can you blame me?
Today, I feel like focusing on photos, photosphotosphotosphotosphotos, and did I miss any photos?
Anyhow, today I am going to live up to being Choc Chip Uru and present to you these bars.
These soft, gooey, feels-like-they-are-half-baked cookie bars. With chocolate chips.
And for a little extra, loaded with Mars Bars. Chopped, gooey, caramel-nougat-kill-me-now Mars Bars.
I can see a small wisp of drool sliding out of your mouth unaware. Yeah, you’re welcome
Oh, and this uses my special chocolate chip recipe! Get excited guys, because as far as all the recipes for chocolate chip cookies go, my one is the only one using this method and therefore has the best results!
Mars [Chocolate Chip Cookie] Bars
Featuring Choc Chip Uru’s Secret Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 130g butter, divided in 1/2, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tbs dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup caster/white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbs golden syrup
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup self-raising flour (SRF)
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon/allspice
- 3/4 cups chocolate chips + extra to sprinkle on top post-baking
- 3/4 cups mars bars, chilled
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C (180 degrees if not fan forced oven). Line a shallow, long baking tin with baking paper which drapes over the sides
- Roughly chop the mars bars into small pieces (do not eat half while doing this like I did)
- Melt half the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally and let it brown – when smells nutty and turns brown, immediately take off heat and let cool
- Place other half of butter in a bowl and beat with all sugars until pale in colour (continue scraping down sides of bowl)
- Add in brown butter mixture and beat until well combined
- Add in egg and beat until combined
- Beat in vanilla essence and golden syrup
- Sift both flours, cinnamon and salt into the wet mixture and stir until few streaks of flour remain
- Add in mars bars and 3/4 cup chocolate chips and stir through until just combined
- Press down into the lined tin, making sure it touches all corners and is nice and smooth
- Bake for 20-23 minutes or until golden with a brownie-like crackly top (I KNOW!), golden and slightly puffy
- Immediately sprinkle on top the extra chocolate chips (aesthetic purposes) – do not touch them then because the residual heat will start to melt them slightly
- Let cool in tin for 10 minutes before taking out using the overhanging paper and let cool to room temperature on a wire rack before cutting into
largesmall pieces and eatingstoring
- You can make it into cookies (just roll into balls and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper, and flatten slightly with palm before cooking for roughly 12-14 minutes or until golden brown).
- For the best pictorial of the first couple of steps, please see this post :D
Give me some inspiration to write my friends – what would you like to know about next time?